Re: Bent Aamco bar

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Bent Aamco bar
From: AMfoto1@aol.com
Date: Sat, 3 Sep 2005 21:49:40 EDT
Hi Billy,
   Probably the best way to straighten a sway bar basically the same as the
"old school
way of makning one from scratch. Put it securely in a vise, heat dark cherry
red with an oxy/acetylene torch at the point to be bent and gradually lever it
into the shape you want. It's better to do a little at a time. Then let it
cool gradually.
   Afterward it will need painting or powdercoating.
   Sorry, I can't help with your second question.
   Alan Myers
   San Jose, Calif.
   '62 TR4 CT17602L
How can I staighten a bent front aamco bar for my TR6?  It's only bent on the
straight part on one side.  Seems like Iremember pipe bending machines a few
centuries ago in high school.