TR6 Gears Acting Funny

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR6 Gears Acting Funny
From: "Stephen Cain" <SCain@aecc.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2005 09:16:04 -0500
This is the first time I've used this email service - forgive me if I go
on too long.

I drove my '71 TR6 around last night with no problems whatsoever.  This
morning when putting it in reverse it grinded pretty bad - almost as if
I didn't have the clutch disengaged.  Then I had a lot of trouble
getting it into first and second.  But, I didn't have a problem getting
it into third and fourth.  I drove most of the way to work in third and
fourth - no OD.

Regarding first and second, it's as if I simply can't find the slot to
put the gear shifter in.  There is no grinding associated with putting
the car in first or second when I finally get it done.  I noticed that
with the engine off, I have absolutely no problem putting the car in any
gear.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Cain