Re: Hi mileage Triumphs of all kinds!

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Hi mileage Triumphs of all kinds!
From: d spence <dkspence@telus.net>
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2005 21:15:12 -0600
Randall et all
Here's the scoop on the Alberta TR3A that cracked it's crank.
Not as good a story as I thought as it seems to be a bit of a George
washington's axe. the car is a 61 3A bought new by the current owner's
brother. He's owned it since 63 0r 64. It has 332,000+ miles on it and
for many years made the trek from Edmonton down to California every
summer. It is un-restored but modified with r & p steering, alternator,
panasports etc.

The crank  that gave out was part in a 4A engine that had 198,000+
miles on it. It was installed with only 1004 miles on the engine in
1966. Came from a California wreck. The engine used no oil, had a full
load of coolant and was otherwiswe running strong. It did have a hot
cam.
It is cracked on the #1 counterweight. he doesn't know if it is broken
clean through as the engine is still in the car.

He drove it home 180 miles in that condition.  Tough cars!

n Thursday, September 8, 2005, at 07:28 AM, Triumphs@Autox.team.net