RE: Clutch Woes

To: "Ron Easterly" <magician@usol.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Clutch Woes
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 14:36:21 -0700
> On my TR3A my clutch is real stiff ( and I mean real hard to push in ).
> When I put it into any gear and let up it takes about 5 secounds
> or so for it
> to go into gear, and then it slowely pulls ahead.

I agree with Terry, most likely there is a restriction in the hydraulic line
somewhere.  The soft line to the slave cylinder is certainly a prime
suspect.

To be certain, you could remove the soft line, then hook it back only to the
hydraulic pipe (not the slave) and try the pedal then.  But most likely the
problem will be obvious when you find that no fluid runs out of the slave
end of the soft line, but it drips freely from the hard line with the soft
line removed.

Randall