Re: TR3 - 5 point racing harness install?

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR3 - 5 point racing harness install?
From: "Just Brits" <justbrits@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 20:51:37 -0500
Hi James!!

One thing I have NOT seen even approached:

<quote>
TR3A back on the road after a 9 year hiatus; one
of the things I'm concerned with is safety.
</quote>

"Road" as in just plain "street" car???  Cruising 'round town??

"Safety" would NOT (IMVHO) be a 5-point harness!!!

Especially WITHOUT said "roll cage".

My Big Healey "63) and my wife's '73 MBG have LAP belts.

If ya get "really" hit, it will NOT matter.  If you roll the car, 5 point
assures your demise (without said roll cage).

There was just a Spridget roll over w/both seat occupied and lap belts.

NO major injuries.

MOST (sic) roll bars offered "market wise" are USELESS (again, IMHO +
SCCA<G>).

Me???

Rollbar = ZERO.

Ed