Re: TR3 redesign?

To: dorpaul@negia.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR3 redesign?
From: zoboherald@aol.com
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2005 10:00:01 -0400
-----Original Message-----
From: Paul Dorsey <dorpaul@negia.net>

  I don't mean to offend anyone, but, has anyone done or seen anykind of
improvement/redesign to the body of a TR3?

======
"Improvement" is a relative term. ;-) I've seen all sorts of
interesting modifications to TRs over the years, from the "fairing in"
of some truly bizarre taillamp assemblies (usually requiring large
amounts of plastic body filler and inevitably NOT to my personal taste)
to the "fold-forward" partial front apron assembly (as featured not too
many years ago in, I think, Triumph World magazine; also not to my
taste but seemingly well thought-out).
======

I'm not one for authenticity and I'd like to do something 'kinda
different'
to the back end of the body.  I love the way an old Jaguar 120 tapers
off
completely (in the back).

======
So do I. However, to do something like that and do it well on a TR
probably requires someone along the lines of a Boyd Coddington or
George Barris, not to mention a large wallet for payment.

Nonetheless, a little imagination and some skill can produce some
interesting ideas...which simply might not be to everyone's taste. I
always thought the original "bob tail"/exposed spare tyre of the "TR1"
Earls Court Show car of 1952 was a neat style, even if it was a
slightly awkward bridge between traditional and modern styling.
======

 Can I get a witness?

======
Sorry, not me. I've been placed in the Triumph Modification Witness
Protection Program.

--Andy  Mace (possibly not my real name)

*Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?
*Man: Well, no ... It's not so  much of a jet, it's more your, er,
Triumph Herald engine with  wings.
 -- Cut-price Airlines Sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus  (22)

Check out the North American Triumph Sports 6 (Vitesse 6) and Triumph
Herald Database at its new URL: <http://triumph-herald.us>