Re: TR3 doors

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR3 doors
From: Dan Buettner <danb@thelittlemacshop.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2005 09:05:47 -0500
Dave, my recollection is that late TR3 doors may have had the
handles, as the factory prepped for the TR3A switch, and I also
recall mention of some sort of "GT" kit for the TR3 that included
exterior handles.

My 57 TR3 (TS15098L) has wooden-framed doors with no holes.  I am not
certain they are original - anything could have happened over the
years - but they fit quite nicely so I assume they are not from a
much later car.

What number is your TR3?  Late cars, near TS22xxx, are probably
fairly likely to have had some 3A parts on them.

Hope this helps.

Dan