Re: Engine Support during Transmission Removal

To: barteet@mrl.ucsb.edu, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Engine Support during Transmission Removal
From: ZinkZ10C@aol.com
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2005 18:20:30 EDT
In a message dated 9/19/05 11:41:14 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
barteet@mrl.ucsb.edu writes:

<< I was thinking of some sort of 2x4 thing going across the two flat spots on
 either side of the firewall and some webbing. Before I reinvent the wheel, I
 figured I'd poll the collective wisdom of the list. >>

That will work just fine.

You can also use a strap/chain across the frams rails to hold the engine from
the bottom.  Cars that have the cross member under the the oil pan can use a
piece of wood for support.

If your motor mounts are anywhere near center of the block , the engine will
usually balance it self with a slight rear ward tilt.  Be make sure the fan
does not hit the rad or that things behind the engine get crushed.

As for weight, a center mount motor might have a 50 lb tilt, a front mount
motor will have 1/2 of it's total weight.

Harold