Re: 12V source

To: Triumph list <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 12V source
From: TeriAnn Wakeman <twakeman@razzolink.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 06:31:18 -0700
> Once in a while I need a 12v source at the work bench and I know I could
> simply  tap a battery, but I'm looking for something I could simply
> "switch on" at the work bench. Nothing I can imagine right now would
> require major amps.  I was wondering if I could use a battery charger as
> a power source, or is there a better solution.

If it were me, my first choice would be to search ebay or a used
electronics store for a variable voltage DC power supply (You may want
to do other things with it).  Second choice would be new one from an
electronics store.  Third choice is to buy a transformer, fuse, switch,
some diodes and large capacitors and assemble one.  A 12V power supply
is one of the easiest projects you can build.  My first one was in 7th
grade science club.

TeriAnn