RE: oil pressure gauge communication from block?

To: <CFisher@borgwarner.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: oil pressure gauge communication from block?
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 07:24:22 -0700
> Am I missing something entirely? Does oil come out AROUND the stud?  I'm
> just going by the diagram in the moss catolog on the oil filters page to
> figure this out, someone else dissasembled it long ago.

Yup, that's how it works.  Look on the back of the filter head, you'll see the
passage where oil is allowed into the stud cavity.

> the stud (which is NLA in the catolog)

You're reading the wrong catalog, TRF has them.  P/N 112170, $1.75.

> Is there an easier way to tap into oil pressure?

There are other ways to do it, certainly, but IMO the easiest is to use the
factory attachment.  Otherwise you'll have to mess with a modern fitting, then
adapting it to the oil pressure line and so on.  Unless you're also going to
replace the oil pressure gauge with a modern one, I'd just replace the stud and
it's two copper washers (which are different) and special nut.

Randall