Re: SU's- let buyer beware (my "b" key IS working) re: eBay

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: SU's- let buyer beware (my "b" key IS working) re: eBay
From: zoboherald@aol.com
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 10:30:25 -0400
-----Original Message-----
From: Peter Ryner <pryner@verizon.net>

   This is indeed a TR intake manafold.  It fits FC serial engines
before 8997E
according to my cross reference manual.  I don't know if is a TR2 or 3
as
the manual only states TR2,3,3A and 3B.
Pete

==AM==
Agreed, except that I believe it would be "TS" serial engines. The FC
serial prefix is for the early Spitfire 1147cc motors, which have
siamesed intake ports, so even if the manifold shown fit otherwise, it
wouldn't fit an early Spitfire head. ;-)

--Andy  Mace

*Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?
*Man: Well, no ... It's not so  much of a jet, it's more your, er,
Triumph Herald engine with  wings.
 -- Cut-price Airlines Sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus  (22)

Check out the North American Triumph Sports 6 (Vitesse 6) and Triumph
Herald Database at its new URL: <http://triumph-herald.us>