Re: Windshield Installation Question

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Windshield Installation Question
From: TeriAnn Wakeman <twakeman@razzolink.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 08:56:46 -0700
>>As several others on the list have reported, installing the glass into
>>the windshield rubber seal and frame is very meticulous task.

> I did it like this , but it's not easy .
>  We (  three persons ! ) started by putting liquid soap all
> over the joint

This s one of those specialized jobs I farm out to the pro's

When my TR3 needed a windscreen I took it to a local independent auto
glass shop.  They could buy a windscreen for me in either clear or
slight tint for less than the TR parts folks charge so I ordered one
from them and made a fitting appointment when it arrived.

They installed it a lot quicker that I ever could, used professional
sealers and cleaned up any extra glue smears.  They were responsible if
the glass they purchased broke during installation, they are the ones
that would fix any leaks that might occur ... for free.

It cost me the time to eat a meal in a nearby restaurant plus a little
money.  Sometimes it just doesn't make sense to do specialized skilled
jobs yourself.

Since I don't have a press, I farm out U joint replacements too.

TeriAnn