Windshield Installation Question

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Windshield Installation Question
From: "Terry Smith" <terryrs@adelphia.net>
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 10:41:32 -0400
Hello, everyone.

As several others on the list have reported, installing the glass into the
windshield rubber seal and frame is very meticulous task.  And while I am
informed, however, that it can indeed be done, I am wondering if I shouldn't
sneak into Rafael Palmera's house and pilfer through his bathroom wastebucket
for discarded dietary supplements to elevate my performance and get this job
done.

I'm finding two problems:  one, it is of course a tight squeeze.  Second,
though, is that the sharp edges of the windshield cut completely through the
rubber seal despite liberal applications of liquid dishwashing soap.

Would anyone know if there is a difference in thickness of the seal, hence
ease of installation, between Moss and TRF?

Or...is there a way to prep the sharp edges of the windshield before wrapping
on the seal and attempting to insert into the frame?

Thank you, everyone.

Terry
'59 TR3A (TS 58667)
New Hampshire ground up restoration needing mostly bodywork now.