Re: Fuel tank felt

To: mathews@uga.edu, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Fuel tank felt
From: Dave1massey@cs.com
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2005 13:48:26 EDT
In a message dated 9/24/2005 2:51:32 PM Central Standard Time,
mathews@uga.edu writes:
> After reading Randall's post about wool felt, I did a quick search
> for wool felt and here is a possibility and there were lots others:

I've been told that woll has the unique property of wicking water away from
the body (in cloathing applications) whereas cotton wicks it to the body.
Maybe it's an old wive's tale but if it is so woll would be a good choice for
the
application.

But that begs the question:"Why doesn't a sheep shrink in the rain?"

Dave