Re: getting the cart before the horse, no lbc

To: dorpaul@negia.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: getting the cart before the horse, no lbc
From: Dave1massey@cs.com
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2005 05:48:11 EDT
In a message dated 9/25/2005 8:52:15 PM Central Standard Time,
dorpaul@negia.net writes:
> How come it is that I receive responses to certain subjects, but, have
> never
> received the originating email.
>
> FOR EXAMPLE:
> I'll get an email with the "subject:   Re: XYZ"
> without ever have received an email w/ the "subject:  XYZ"

There are a couple of possible reasons:
1) the original was rejected by your ISP for some reason
2) you deleted it without remembering the content or subject
3) the original post went to another list and the response was copied over to
this list by the responder for the edification of the larger public.

When this happens to me I just chalk it up to #2.

Dave