RE: getting the cart before the horse, no lbc

To: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: getting the cart before the horse, no lbc
From: "Mark Hooper" <mhooper@digiscreen.ca>
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2005 13:28:47 -0400
Hi Randall:

On Saturday I was talking with a visitor who edits a blog called "Boing Boing"
and bitching to him about spam. I'm having trouble filtering down to below 40
junk mails a day. He laughed and said he's at 20,000 a day on his official
email address. That made me feel a little better although I am still tired of
getting various porno e-mails with links to various virus installers. Sometimes
I think caning should be revived for these fools.

However, the sad truth is that spammistas are like guerrillas; you can only
fight them by cutting off their source of money. In this case it's advertising
and IP. There are an amazing number of companies willing to buy advertising
space, or stolen identity data from the spammers. Until that practice stops,
the spam won't either.

Cheers,

Mark