Re: Oil Removal from Driveway

To: triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Oil Removal from Driveway
From: Steven Newell <steven@newellboys.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 19:35:37 -0600
BobDanielson wrote:

> I've been fortunate in that my TR6 has never been one to "mark her
> territory" ... until today. I pulled into the driveway, hit the garage
> door opener button and drove into the garage. Looking back at the
> driveway was a line of oil from the street to where I waited for the
> door to open. At that spot was a small puddle. Looking under the car,
> the block is dry and it appears that the leak is coming from where the
> filter screws on to the mount. I'll tackle  that tomorrow but what's
> the best way to remove oil stains from asphalt? Or can you? Does the
> Purple degreaser stuff  work on asphalt? I wouldn't really care except
> it's a new driveway (year old) and it has no stains..... well except
> from the Black Magic Tire Wet that I did the tires with.

You are lucky if it was leaking that much. I left a mile long trail from
a failed oil pressure hose a few years ago. The boys spotted it. Dad,
we're leaking oil. Yeah, we always leak oil. No, Dad, we're leaking a
LOT of oil. A nice dark line down the street and up our driveway. We moved.

Oh, you could wait until one of those young people comes by, selling the
miracle stain remover. Offer to buy a bottle if they can remove the
trail of oil.

Steven Newell
Littleton, CO USA
'62 TR4 x 2