Re: Oil Removal from Driveway

To: "BobDanielson" <75tr6@tr6.danielsonfamily.org>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Oil Removal from Driveway
From: Jeff Johnson <mondoluxe@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 22:32:08 -0400
I had a massive (10 to 15 gallons-tossed out by vandals) used oil
spill on my fresh blacktop couple of years ago. I used "Oil Eater"
which is a very good oil cleaning agent, but is probably unavailable
at retail. A good substitute would be Castrol Super Clean or the
"Purple" stuff.  Dawn dish detergent probably works well also. Best
bet is to stiff broom scrub it or better yet, use a pressure washer
to deep clean. I used both.  A heavy  rinse is necessary to get all
the emulsified oil off the driveway or it will look worse than before
the oil spill.
Took a good effort, but looked good as new the next day.

Jeff Johnson