RE: Help (TR6 hard top)

To: "'fred thomas'" <frede.thomas2@verizon.net>
Subject: RE: Help (TR6 hard top)
From: "Paul Mitchell" <paul@cynthesys.co.za>
Date: Sun, 2 Oct 2005 22:38:08 +0200
Yes - that's how it's designed to be done. If you bought the car with a
hard top, you got a special hood bag with an additional flap around the
back edge. This would cover a second set of poppers that fit around the
inside of the bottom of the hardtop.

To put the hardtop on, you undo the 5 bolts around the metal plate that
holds it to the rear deck. Next, carefully lift this metal plate up, in
and down so it is inside the car. You may find it easier to turn it
upside down and 'fold' it in, but I think it fits in the right way up.
Next put the 2 posts on the B pillars by attaching them with their one
screw over the soft top frame attachment, then lift the hard top into
place. It attaches with 6 bolts: two above the windscreen, two at the B
pillars, and two inside the rear window. If you have the right hood bag,
you can now attach the poppers on the 'hidden' flap to the hard top.

If you remove the soft top, it is a real pain to re-attach to the B
posts when you put it back in.

The instructions above should be about right. Since I am in the southern
hemisphere, I just took my top off yesterday for the summer. I left it
with a guy to redo the headlining. He asked when I need it back. I said
April.

Good luck, and if you need more info, give me a call

Paul
74 TR6PI
Cape Town, South Africa

===     http://www.vtr.org