TR3A Oil Pressure

To: "Triumph TR3A" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR3A Oil Pressure
From: "Francis P. Gowash" <fpgowash@cox.net>
Date: Sun, 2 Oct 2005 17:44:38 -0400
I've had the engine rebuilt last spring and have 500 or so miles on it
since.
The question is the oil pressure. It is always around 80. Doesn't come down
much when idling if at all.
Is this OK? Is there such a thing as too high oil pressure? Should I be
concerned?
I am using 20W-50 with temperatures experienced 60-90 deg F. over the last
few months.
I am not sure if this is a possible symptom of the so called bypass valve
adjustment or not.
Any advice would be welcome. My little LBC mechanic says I am paranoid,

Thanks, Fran
58 TR3A
Somers, CT

name of winmail.dat]