Old Dog New Tricks

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Old Dog New Tricks
From: Doug Mathews <mathews@uga.edu>
Date: Tue, 04 Oct 2005 14:38:56 -0400
List,

I'm now taking auto electronics at our local votech school having
finished auto collision and repair and the subject of vehicle
polarity came up. I mentioned the TR's were early on positive ground
and asked if the instructors knew of the reasoning behind it. They
indicated they did not.  I've looked on line and there are some new
military vehicles using 24v positive ground systems.  Does anyone on
the list have an answer as to why the positive ground?

Thanks
Doug

===     http://www.vtr.org