'59TR3A hydraulic woes

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: '59TR3A hydraulic woes
From: mrv8q@netscape.net
Date: Wed, 05 Oct 2005 23:25:39 -0400
Hello, Listers, I've had my '59 about a year now, the first thing I did was
rebuild the hydraulic system. The worst parts were the master cylinder canister
itself and the "S' curve hydraulic line to the clutch M/C; they were severly
rusted.
I was able to source an original replacement "S" curve line and canister.
Unfortunately, I have weeping of hydraulic fluid from the back of the clutch
M/C, where the "S" curve line attaches. I'm guessing that the flare of the
hydraulic line is not wide enough to seat in the M/C, no matter how tightly it
is cinched down.
Is my assumption correct, and do I need to find a tool to properly flare the
end of the hydraulic line to better match up w/ the M/C? All answers gratefully
acknowledged... Best, Kevin Browne '59TR3A #58370

Switch to Netscape Internet Service.

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.

===     http://www.vtr.org