Re: RE:throttle shaft bushings

To: "Frank & Sandy Crowe" <thecrowes@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: RE:throttle shaft bushings
From: "Paul Dorsey" <dorpaul@negia.net>
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2005 22:21:03 -0400
Thanks for the foto.  The throttle spindle on my H6 carb. seems shorter than
your' in the picture.
    I had prievously ordered the bushings from TRF.  And I believe they were
the right ones.  In fact, prior to sinking them into their seats, at that
time they easily slid over the spindle.  However, once the bushings were in
place (I had been told to freeze them to make them smaller) but once they
were seated they did not let the spindle slide thru.
    So I put some molyb. grease on them and tried to push them in.  I also
slightly tapped the spindle with a rubber  hammer.  After I heated the hole
with a heat gun and tapped some more than the spindle began to move.  It
also began to bend in the area where the round disc goes so I immediatly
stopped.  I proably did permanent damage, I'll inspect them tomorrow.
    Unlike your picture, my brass spindle did not seem all scratched up.  I
couldn't believe how tight the newly inserted bushings were for that
spindle.  I may have too small a bushing.  Was it that tight for you?  How
did you get your spindle thru?
Thanks a bunch,
Paul 60 TR3