carpet question

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: carpet question
From: Aledotr6@aol.com
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2005 03:39:09 EDT
I purchased the Moss carpet set and I've done some test fitting to get an
idea of how it lays down. The carpet in the car when I purchased it was a
custom
install, so I have no reference point. One question I have is about the sill
strip. There is a vinyl strip that I know is supposed to go over the door seal
flange. But how does the carpet lay in relation to the flange? Does it butt up
against the bottom of the flange or does it go up the flange to its top edge?

Butting up against the bottom of the flange, there is a significant gap
between the bottom of the B post and the carpet. Laying it up the flange takes
this
gap away, but it seems this would make it too thick for the door seal to go
over the flange.

Another question. Does the TRF set also need the snap rings installed, or are
they already installed?

Thanks,
Bud Trussell

===     http://www.vtr.org