TR3A gas cap types

To: <CFisher@borgwarner.com>
Subject: TR3A gas cap types
From: "Bill Brewer" <bbrewer@tvwireless.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 18:04:41 -0700
Hey Curt,
     I drive TS72747LO and my original gas cap was disintegrating. I bought a
repro from MOSS on sale, but was disappointed with the integral extension
design and the way it rattled around in the hole through the body. I like the
original one that had a screw on extension underneath to hold it tight. I
ended up removing the cap from the repro and fitting it on to the original
under parts. It was all held together by rolled split pins. It looks great.
the only trouble I had was the flat fiber sealing ring that the cap closes
against. It was slightly bigger than my original and was harder that anything
to try to grind down and get to fit. I ended up trying to grind it and a power
grinder to wear it down. I eventually got it to fit, but not without a long of
swearing and spitting.
     Good luck.

     Bill Brewer
     Tehachapi, CA