getting touch-up paint for that "one-off" color

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: getting touch-up paint for that "one-off" color
From: richard triplett <rtriplett25@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 17:16:30 -0700 (PDT)
TS75434 was painted BRG a few years ago upon a body-on
restoration. No paint was saved, and the TR3A is
starting to show chips and scratches. Looking for
touch-up paint involves either "one shade fits all" or
"send us your code number and we'll send out a perfect
match". I've got no code numbers, but one of a hundred
shades of BRG on the car. This was truly demonstrated
when I went out on a run with three other TR3's, all
BRG and all starkly different in the shade of green.
Mine seems to be on the bluish side, but not terribly
so.

If I was in a large city, I'd imagine there would be
body shops that could scan the color and match it that
way. But, I'm in a little city with limited resources.
What's the best starting point in my quest for a close
color match?

Thanks,
Richard
TS75434