RE: rare tube grill on eBay?

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: rare tube grill on eBay?
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 18:01:14 -0700
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4581096969
> OK, what is this? Is it some aftermarket item or what?

Yup, that's just what it is.  Made by AMCO, I believe, in the early 60s.

> I actually have one in the parts pile (needs re-chroming). It just
> seemed . . . odd.

Me too.  One of our club members has one on his TR3A, and I rather like the
look of it, so I've got one from eBay as well.  Likewise in desperate need
of rechroming ... so it's a project for another day.

Anyone happen to know the chemistry behind Caswell's "no cyanide" chroming
kit ?

Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org