Re: TR3 Alternator conversion

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR3 Alternator conversion
From: "Paul Willoughby" <paulwillou@socal.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 06:57:39 -0700
I used the EZWiring kit in my TR3 V8 conversion.  Although rewiring a car is
never "straight forward", it was fairly easy.  It is a well designed generic
hot rod kit.  Inexpensive when compared to the Painless wiring kit.

The hardest part was getting over my fear of having never done this before and
actually starting the process.  I mounted the blade type fuse box under the
dash on the back of the clutch/brake cylinder box.  The existing holes lined
up perfectly.

It took me a week, but I worked very slow, cautious and methodically.  I
probably could do it in two days now that I know what I'm doing.

I believe that Dan Master's wiring kit is designed more specifically for
Triumphs.   Be sure to check it out as part of your decision making process.

Special thanks to the list members who provided their electrical expertise to
my project.  I couldn't have done it without your help.  Thank you.  Thank
you.  Thank you.  (you know who you are).

Paul W.
1956 TR3
1964 TR4