front suspension rebuild questions: TR6

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: front suspension rebuild questions: TR6
From: Greg <one_second_zero@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 13:51:10 -0700 (PDT)
Hi, I'm redoing the front suspension and brakes on my 76 TR6.   I wanted to
seek some opinions:   Is there any need to replace the wheel studs if the
threads are all good?   How common is it for TR6 front hubs to crack or fail?
Should I have anything special done to check the hubs or spindles other than
just cleaning and visual inspection?   I'm replacing the steering rack
including tie rod ends and solid mounts, ball joints, all bushings (with
nylatron), the springs (Goodparts) and shocks (Spax), wheel bearings, and the
sway bar links and bushings.   Anything else I should think about while I'm in
there?

thanks,
Greg H
Denton, TX