re:re: rare tube grill on eBay?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: re:re: rare tube grill on eBay?
From: CarlSereda@aol.com
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 16:50:55 EDT
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/TRIUMPH-TR3-1959-RARE-TUBE-GRILL-VERY-NICE-ITEM
_W0QQitemZ4581096969QQcategoryZ46093QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

At the Palo Alto Brit meet in September I got a free old BAP (British Parts
Accessories) Imported Car Accessories & High Performance Equipment CATALOGUE
(San Francisco, Calif. 1967).

Carries all the aftermarket brands like; Amco, Chilton, Tudor, Stebro,
Fererro, etc. In fact I finally found a photo (and most likely supplier) of my
cheapy ($3.50) Universal door mirror my TR4 came with from the San Francisco
dealer..

But about the rare tube grill on eBay, in this catalogue is shown installed
on a TR3, Spitfire, and Austin Healey the VISTA GRILL. (same grill as in eBay
link above)
Sells for $37.95 in 1967.
It reads:
Custom made for the Triumph TR-3A, TR3B,  Spitfire and Austin Healey 100-6.
These beautiful, distinctive grilles are made from heavy duty tubular steel
with all welded construction. Triple chrome plated to insure long life. Each
grille installs in minutes.

I have to say the one photographed on the TR3 looks pretty great.
The one on eBay could have sold for $200 considering rarity, instead of the $
50 it went for, IMO. Maybe they were just a little 'too cool' looking for the
otherwise rugged looking roadster TR3s??

Regards,
Carl
'63 TR4 since '74

===     http://www.vtr.org