Re: Parts Barn Sale Questions

To: bill@rarebits4classics.co.uk, steven@newellboys.com,
Subject: Re: Parts Barn Sale Questions
From: zoboherald@aol.com
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 09:50:19 -0400
-----Original Message-----
From: Bill Davies <bill@rarebits4classics.co.uk>

> In a message dated 10/13/2005 3:20:39 P.M. Mountain Daylight Time,
> steven@newellboys.com writes:
>
>> Terrific, I need some Herald grills. No reason. ;)
>
> Yeah, me too, same no reason...

Does this mean there is a ready market for my stockpile of Herald front
grilles?
All joking aside, I will be keeping the best grilles for re-anodising
and
use where they belong, on Heralds. That leaves me with a good number of
grilles with distortion around the screw fixing holes, would these be
suitable for wing vents on TRs? I know this is what was used on the
works
cars, but how were the grilles cut or modified to fit?

==AM==
By now, I'm sure many on this list are confused by this whole exchange!
:-) It started out with me privately kidding Steven about the
"senseless destruction of innocent Herald grilles" for the "factory
rallye TR4" fender side vents. I suspect that these vents utilize a bit
over half of a Herald grille piece, cut more or less diagonally, but
perhaps Steven can elaborate based on the kit he just got? Otherwise,
Bill, you'll have to ask Neil Revington (who once actually e-mailed me
about availability of the Herald grille sections)!

--Andy  Mace

*Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?
*Man: Well, no ... It's not so  much of a jet, it's more your, er,
Triumph Herald engine with  wings.
 -- Cut-price Airlines Sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus  (22)

Check out the North American Triumph Sports 6 (Vitesse 6) and Triumph
Herald Database at its new URL: <http://triumph-herald.us>

===     http://www.vtr.org