ignition woes

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: ignition woes
From: "JONATHAN MOODY" <themoody5@msn.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2005 19:26:28 -0400
Hi all,

I need some advice on my TR6 ignition.  I thank anybody who replies in
advance.  My '73 TR6 was running fine until recently when it wouldn't start.
The car has an ignitor electronic ignition.  The car turns over fine but
wont start.  I checked the spark at the plugs and there was no spark, so I
checked the big fat lead from the coil and there is no spark there either.
When I turn the ignition on I an getting 12V at the coil ( the coil has
three small lead attached to it - a yellow one from the harness and the red
and black leads from the ignitor)  The yellow and red leads are attached to
+ terminals on the coil and the black is attached to - lead.  Does anyone
have any idea why I wouldn't be getting spark at the coil?  Also, I keep
hearing about resistor on coils - just where is this resistor located? Any
advice on how I go about debugging this is much appreciated!

Jon Moody '73 TR6

===     http://www.vtr.org