TR3 jack wrench problems

To: Triumph list <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR3 jack wrench problems
From: TeriAnn Wakeman <twakeman@razzolink.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 15:31:32 -0700
A while back I purchased a replacement TR3 jack wrench from Moss and had
my first occasion to use it today.

First thin I noticed is that the opening for the jack was just a tiny
bit under size.  Like maybe it was built using metric tooling and
someone rounded the down when converting from English to Metric.  It
takes a gentle tap with the knock off hammer to get it on or off.

Second thing I noticed is that the sheet metal housing seems to be a lot
softer or thinner metal than the original.  The handle housing easily
distorted when the pull was off plane and I found myself with a ratchet
wheel that kept trying to escape between the halves.

Am I just clumsy and have an oversize factory TR3 jack or has anyone
else had any problems with the Moss motors handle?

My original handle worked just fine until I left it behind on the
roadside once.  The sheet metal housing was a lot stronger.

Thoughts?

TeriAnn

===     http://www.vtr.org