RE: TR3 jack wrench problems

To: "Triumph list" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR3 jack wrench problems
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 15:46:45 -0700
> First thin I noticed is that the opening for the jack was just a tiny
> bit under size.  Like maybe it was built using metric tooling and
> someone rounded the down when converting from English to Metric.

Very likely ... the "nut" on the original jack was a Whitworth size, not a
normal AF size.  Someone may have missed that fact, and rounded to the
nearest 1/16" or mm.

> Am I just clumsy and have an oversize factory TR3 jack or has anyone
> else had any problems with the Moss motors handle?

Sorry, I've not tried a repro handle.  Picked one up once and didn't like
it, so I use a Whitworth socket & 3/8" ratchet instead.

Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org