RE: Paint: Fenders on or off?

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Paint: Fenders on or off?
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 15:41:01 -0700
> However they're saying they'd do the major straightening while
> they're off, prime, paint the seam, then attach for final
> straightening and finish paint without removing again.  Their
> logic is that with modern materials they can do a good
> enough masking & blending job that I'll never find a mark on the
> paint, and there's much less chance that we'd damage
> the fresh paint re-attaching the body parts if we painted first.

Works for me.  Of course, the downside of this approach is that you will
wind up with paint stuck between places like the fenders and the apron,
which may come away unevenly when you do eventually have to remove those
parts.  The good news is that's why there is a piece of trim over that joint

Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org