Up in smoke.

To: Triumphs List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Up in smoke.
From: "T. S. White" <tswrace@pacbell.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 06:15:31 -0700
I wanted to restore my windshield wiper operation for my trip home
to Santa Cruz yesterday.  Not having the proper fuse available I
used one that was twice the amperage of the blown one.  (Note I am
not discussing original style TR fuses.  Mine are the volkswagon
type and are for individual elements.)

I turned on the switch and all the smoke escaped from my
windshield wiper motor.  I guess the blown fuse wasn't from a
momentary power surge as I shut off the wipers.

Then since there was a person ogling the car I decided to press
them into service.  I had repaired a broken weld on the steering
mount last week and want to recheck it.  I had the gentleman move
the steering wheel while I watched the rack.  There was a new
clanking sound that happened when the steering moved.  A quick
inspection of the tie rods revealed that the rack is now moving
around, up and down, in the housing.

So I am now looking for a way to transport the car to Santa Cruz
this weekend.  If anyone has a car hauler and would like to make a
trip to Santa Cruz please let me know.  Of course the trip would
be all expense paid and whatever the fee might be.  Thanks.
--
        Best regards,
        Tom

===     http://www.vtr.org