Synthetic oil - experiences?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Synthetic oil - experiences?
From: Angelo Graham <a3graham@admmail.uwaterloo.ca>
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 09:00:25 -0400
Hello List:
My question is not related to LBCs directly, but wondering about using
synthetic oil and any advantages to this oil.
I have just picked up a nice low mileage Subaru and a couple of folks have
mentioned that I should consider using synthetic oil in the engine.
Do you change the oil as frequently with synthetic? I am a frequent
changer, with usually seasonal (4) changes per year. Long time user of
Valvoline as well, with no complaints about the oil.
What about this synthetic stuff?
Thanks for any insights.
Angelo Graham
'55 TR2