TR3 bypass & the 2nd law of thermodynamics

To: "Triumph list" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR3 bypass & the 2nd law of thermodynamics
From: "John A. Wise" <JohnWise@alumni.pitt.edu>
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 16:56:23 -0700
I admit a serious weakness in high-end thermodynamics, but I have
cogitated a bit about about entropy.

It seems to me that if you pump hot water directly from the head at
the thermostat outlet (about as hot as it gets) back into the head, I
have  admit I do not understand how that would improve head cooling.
Now if there were  bypass that took water out of the bottom of the
radiator & put that directly in the head I could understand the
argument.

So could someone please explain the thermodynamics (I admit entropy
is clearly a severely esoteric topic) of how water that comes out of
the head & then circles back into the head can help it stay cool!

I am sincerely waiting to learn.

John
--
John A. Wise, Ph.D., CPE