Re: TR3 bypass & the 2nd law of thermodynamics

To: JohnWise@alumni.pitt.edu, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR3 bypass & the 2nd law of thermodynamics
From: Dave1massey@cs.com
Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2005 10:49:57 EDT
In a message dated 10/21/2005 7:00:07 PM Central Standard Time,
JohnWise@alumni.pitt.edu writes:
> It seems to me that if you pump hot water directly from the head at
> the thermostat outlet (about as hot as it gets) back into the head, I
> have  admit I do not understand how that would improve head cooling.
> Now if there were  bypass that took water out of the bottom of the
> radiator &put that directly in the head I could understand the
> argument.

In a nutshell, it is not the aim of the bypass to improve overall head
cooling.  The aim is to keep coolant circulating even with the thermostat
closed to
prevent hotspots and, thus, head cracking.  The thermostat will modulate the
coolant passing through the radiator to control overall system temperature.

Dave

===     http://www.vtr.org