Re: 1960 TR3 thermostat

To: arakelianp@mossmotors.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 1960 TR3 thermostat
From: Dave1massey@cs.com
Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2005 11:08:03 EDT
In a message dated 10/21/2005 6:07:44 PM Central Standard Time,
arakelianp@mossmotors.com writes:
> I believe they dropped the sleeved thermostat and went to a non-sleeved
> when they raised the cooling system pressure.  A bellows thermostat will
> collapse and not open in a 10 pound system.

Why would the thermostat have a problem with 10 PSI if the 10 PSI is applied
to both sides of the thermostat?

I suspect that the change was more coincidential with the pressure change.
Using a more standard, off the shelf thermostat has certain economic and logist
advantages (ie: you can buy one anywhere).

Cheers

Dave

===     http://www.vtr.org