igition woes part deux

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: igition woes part deux
From: "JONATHAN MOODY" <themoody5@msn.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 22:58:24 -0400
Hi all,

OK.  I ordered a new ignitor system and a flamethrower coil from TRF.  I
couldn't get the coil to fit in the old adaptor, but I luckily had a coil on
a 71 parts engine.  This coil had a resistance of 3 ohms.  I replaced the
ignitor and wired up the coil and I am now getting spark out of the coil and
at the spark plugs.  I thought I had my problem solved and was patting
myself on the back....but when I went to try and start the car it still
doesn't start! arrrrrrrrrrrrrghhh!

It sounds like it wants to start, but it won't "catch".  Any thoughts on
what could cause this?  THe different coil ( I am getting spark at the
plugs)?  Could the timing be that far off even though I just swapped one
ignitor for another?  Any thoughts?  I want to take my car out for a spin!
I checked the fuel a couple of weeks ago and it looked like the fuel pump
was working ok.  Thanks in advance.

Jon
'73 TR6

===     http://www.vtr.org