Facet pump failure

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Facet pump failure
From: Barry Schwartz <v6spitfireguy@cox.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2005 09:43:00 -0800
I foolishly replaced the almost 20 year old metal can, with the transistor
on top, Facet electric fuel pump I had installed that long ago, with a new
posi flow plastic Facet (now made by Purolator) and it failed after only
about four months.  The original thinking was that the old pump was
probably getting close to it's natural, useful life and I didn't want to
get stuck somewhere out in the middle of nowhere with a worn out pump.
Well guess what - I'm now having to drive 30 miles back to replace the
failed new pump with the old, still working one, to get it home.  Anybody
have any problems with the new style plastic Facet pumps?  The old one was
so reliable, I can't believe that they changed it to something less so, but
it would appear to be the case.  I was wondering if anybody else had any
similar results?  I am not getting another Faucet because I'm so
disgruntled, and will tear apart the new failed one to see what the problem
is.  I will probably now replace it with a Carter rotary vane one -

Barry Schwartz (San Diego)