3a mystery washer/shim

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: 3a mystery washer/shim
From: Jim Wallace <jim.wallace@netscape.ca>
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2005 12:50:55 -0500
I have just installed a new scroll seal so have had the engine apart
as much as it takes to do that (did not remove the head). Engine is
out of car on stand. On re-assembly I find on the floor a washer that
has a bit of a cup to it, that is, it's a little concave, maybe for
an application where it needs to be springy. This was around when I
was putting the cam gear back on, but I don't see a spot for it in that area.
I can't find where this goes, and want to button the engine up. Can
anyone identify it? It's i.d. is .875" and its o.d. is 1.166". It's
thin, like about 0.017".
(There is some possibility that it doesn't even go on this engine; I
have a few too many projects happening in the garage...)
Looked in Haynes, Bentley, and Moss, no luck there.
TIA,
Jim

===     http://www.vtr.org