Hydraulic woes resolved

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Hydraulic woes resolved
From: mrv8q@netscape.net
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2005 13:50:16 -0500
Hello, Listers, I wrote in two weeks ago with this problem: "I have weeping of
hydraulic fluid from the back of the clutch M/C, where the "S" curve line
attaches. I'm guessing that the flare of the hydraulic line is not wide enough
to seat in the M/C, no matter how tightly it is cinched down."

  I'm happy to report I have solved this problem. I went to a local hydraulic
hose rebuilder, and after examining the metal pipe for small cracks, the gave
me small copper crush washers to use in the clutch M/C. Additionally, I
assembled the cluth and brake M/Cs in the cage, with the resevoir attached, and
really cinched the fittings down before I installed as a unit to the car. This
might seem obvious to you veterans, but since this was the first thing I did to
the car after acquiring it, I didn't know very much back then. (What a
difference a year and this list makes)! Although I'm guessing the crush washers
helped some, I really think it was the assembly process beforehand that solved
my problem.
I did have one scare, though. After filling the resevoir w/ LMA, I could get no
fluid to flow. I thought perhaps the crush washer had somehow moved, covering
the hole in the M/C, preventing flow. Backing off the pressure outlet fitting a
touch, then a pump, let the fluid flow, and I was relieved, as well.
   Now I can safely start driving the car, and hit the road like the rest of
you guys and gals!

   Best, Kevin Browne '59TR3A #58370

Switch to Netscape Internet Service.

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.