Triumph Clubs on the WWW - was "Now VTR Membership was Re:

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Triumph Clubs on the WWW - was "Now VTR Membership was Re:
From: Michael Hargreave Mawson <OC@46thfoot.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2005 19:58:30 +0000
On Sun, 30 Oct 2005, at around 08:52:37 local time, Paul Willoughby
<paulwillou@socal.rr.com> wrote:

>I'm a
>firm believer that information on the internet should be free.  Offhand, I
>can't think of another Triumph internet resource that charges for tech tips.

As information: the TSSC has both "open" and "members only" sections on
its website.

What is rather sad about both the VTR and TSSC policies is that the
World Wide Web is supposed to be a world-wide resource, so the
implication of hiding technical and/or other information from
non-members of such societies must be that they couldn't care less about
you or your Triumph if you don't live in their part of the world.

I don't know much about the VTR, but the TSSC has recently moved away
from being a traditional owner's club to being a commercial organisation
with a powerful profit motive, which makes this attitude entirely
understandable.   Not laudable, of course, but understandable.

ATB
--
Mike
Ellie  - 1963 White Triumph Herald 1200 Convertible GA125624 CV

===     http://www.vtr.org