Re: TR Brake Question - The Answer

To: triumphs@autox.team.net (Triumphs List), hoyt@cavtel.net
Subject: Re: TR Brake Question - The Answer
From: spamiam@comcast.net
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 18:49:59 +0000
>Nor is a professional license for that matter, because competency rests on the
>application of skills by the individual, not a piece of paper.

Well, I can tell you that the above statement is true.  When I need work in
general, and on a Triumph in specific, it is hard to find anyone interested in
the work as ANY price.  (I need some painting done at work.  3/6 of the places
I called did not even return the call.  2 came to look at the job, one got back
with an estimate).

When you do get an estimate, the price is close to ridiculous.  I can do it
less expensively (and just as well usually), and the cost of my time is
reasonably high.

When the job is done, on most stuff, (I have always been happy with the work on
my TRs so this is an exception to this "rule"), I could have done the job more
nicely even though I am an amateur.  The reason?  I care about the results.

So, if Guy wants to do his brakes, then I would expect a BETTER job than from
the run of the mill mechanic.

It is NOT inherently negligent to do your own work, even on mission-critical
items!!!!!!!!!  Just use some care, and double check everything.

-T

===     http://www.vtr.org