TR3 Overdrive Trans

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR3 Overdrive Trans
From: ols@bcdef.net
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 21:22:31 -0500
Hi all

I just purchased a TR3 tranny with overdrive for what I believe is a
reasonable price.  IT is represented to me as being in good working
shape.

How can I ascertain it is indeed in good working condition before I
go to all of the trouble with installing it?

Are there any simple things to look for?  My old tranny (non
overdrive) pops out of 2nd and reverse at times and will
intermittently not go into 1st when I first start the car (I have to
turn it off then restart to get it in), so I figure that even if the
new tranny needs some work, I'd have to do the same with the old one;
this way I end up with overdrive.

All comments appreciated.

Alex

===     http://www.vtr.org