RE: TR3 engine rebuild (holed piston)

To: "Chris Bohn" <cbohn@sidepipe.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR3 engine rebuild (holed piston)
From: "Peter Ryner" <pryner@verizon.net>
Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2006 19:27:25 -0500
Chris,
Personally, if I were keeping the car for some time, I'd pull the engine and
check everything, particularly if you already have oil pressure issues.
Doesn't make sense to me to spend $500 - $1,000 for a set of new pistons and
liners without cleaning up the bottom end and checking clearances, bearings,
etc.  Not that much more work or money and your engine will definitely be
happier.
My $.02
Pete