RE: [TR] TR6 steel wheels

To: "Paradise Music" <paradise.71@juno.com>,
Subject: RE: [TR] TR6 steel wheels
From: "Mark Hooper" <mhooper@digiscreen.ca>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 15:32:35 -0500
Hello Paradise Music:

Crooked TR6 steel wheels seem to be a dime a dozen and are almost
exclusively what people are running on who have not bought alloy or wire
wheels. Check those rims for trueness before assigning them any value at
all.

Blasting, straightening and powder-coating my TR6's steel wheels cost me
about $175 a corner last year from www.rimandwheelworks.com. They
certainly cured 95% of the interminable shimmy that had been driving me
mad on the car since 1986. I still have other things to do, but I
suspect that wheel issues are behind most of the shakes that people
discuss on this site.

So, it's practically cheaper to get alloy wheels than fixing the old
ones, but I preferred the original look and decided to pay for it.

Cheers,

Mark