[TR] Help - need a part for my TR6 factory hardtop

To: "Triumphs Digest" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] Help - need a part for my TR6 factory hardtop
From: "Lanoway, Brian" <Brian_Lanoway@standardaero.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 07:50:17 -0600
I'm in the process of restoring a factory hardtop for my TR6 and find that I'm
missing the middle set of rods that holds up the headliner (these are
apparently called 'listing rails').  There are three of these in total; I have
the front and rear, but not the middle - and they all appear to be different.
None of the normal suppliers (TRF, VB, Moss, Rimmer) stock it and I can't find
it at used parts dealers (Quiller) either.

Some have suggested that I line the hardtop with sheets of foam and then glue
the headliner to this.  I would prefer to maintain the OEM look instead.

If anyone out there knows of a wrecked TR6 factory hardtop that might still
have this part (the 'middle listing rail'), please let me know.

Thanks much in advance.

Brian Lanoway
1973 TR6 CF6986U
Winnipeg